Thursday, November 15, 2001

Jen

Now everytime I go for the mailbox, gotta hold myself down
‘Cause I just can't wait till you write me, you're comin' around
*

I had the best critique ever in Grad Seminar this morning! Excellent! It was also what is known as a “Lecture Day” at Columbia, which means free lunch** and a guest lecturer. All of this + fucking awesome weather = Jen in grrr-eat! mood.

I’ve been working my ass off in the darkroom the past couple of nights. It has paid off. Anyway, it’s a good thing that I’ve had my dear friend, Aaron*** to keep me company. He is absolutely hilarious, and he made our last 5 hours in the color lab go so quick. Here’s a funny little thing that happened in the elevator:

Girl (coughing): Sorry guys, I’m sick.
Aaron: Got the thrax?****

This is interesting . . . How long have I had my new computer? I’d say about a month. Have I connected to the internet yet? No. How long has Becky had my old computer? Since this past Monday. Has she hooked up yet? Yes! Why am I so slow? No comment.

I get to pick up my ring tonight from the jeweler. The new diamond and setting only cost me $70, which is way worth it for sentimental value. Too bad that I can’t do anything productive with it or play any games or music on it, but that is what Greg’s new laptop is for. Of course, there is a LARGE price difference between my ring setting and a new laptop. Unless you have the laptop that I have which I picked up for sweet $100. It has games, Word and can hook up to the internet, yet my 96 year old Busia moves faster than it can. I also think my laptop weighs as much as she does.

Gene and Jude, Bring it on. Hala Kahiki . . . mmmm. . . tikki and free pretzels.

*Is it so bad to quote Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves?****
**The more important of the two.
***Once known as Wizzo.
****Do I talk about antrax too much? Especially in dialogue form? Is my song quote also some weird thrax comment?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home