Monday, November 12, 2001

Jen

Woh, half way there . . .

I finally saw the "Living on a Prayer dance" that I have been hearing so much about. It was well worth the wait. Those who were lucky enough also saw all of the moves from U Can’t Touch This and basically all of Michael Jackson’s, History. It was hilarious.

So, Becks and Greg’s party was a lot of fun, especially the “after-hours,” which included the above.

Pat and I saw my mom Saturday night for dinner. I miss her a lot. It’s strange though, because I don’t see her as often as I used to and then all of a sudden, she’s home and it feels like nothing has changed.

The next time I'll see my mom, Ted and my nerotic pooch will be for Christmas. I have to go out to Vegas, because they aren't coming home to Chicago this year. I can't even imagine Christmas without snow. I'll have to put Chistmas lights on the palm trees outside my parent's house to get some kind of seasonal effect.

Anyway, the weekend was altogether great. There was only one real low point for me. I have this claddagh ring that my mom gave to me when I turned 18 as a special reminder of my dad. Anyway, I’m washing my hands and I noticed that the setting is broken and that the diamond in the center of the ring is missing. It’s only a chip, I mean it’s barely even noticeable because it is so small. Still, the ring feels incomplete. Sound strange?

I called my sister right away when I noticed it was missing. Of course, Pawel, my brother-in-law, picks up, and when I tell him what happens, he’s says, “oh, that sucks.” Hello? Give me my sister! Anyway, she’s a great support. I give her shit a lot of the time, but really, I don’t know what I’d do without her. Like when hell hound bit me. She drove all the way into the city to pick me up and take me to the hospital. And she hates driving down by where I live. Then she waited with me for five hours in the waiting room. I’m really lucky to have such a tight family.

Work, work, work. I did not want to come in today, but then again, what else is new? I wonder how everyone else is doing . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home