Thursday, December 20, 2001

Jen

Have yourself a merry little Christmas. . .

Bah humbug. Seriously. I don’t ask for a lot from this job. I’m pretty satisfied making crap money, getting no benefits and doing way more than I should for my salary. The one thing that I do ask for is a Holiday party. Ok, maybe not even a party, but a Holiday lunch. Guess what we are getting this year. Absolutely nothing. Say it again.

I like the people I work with A LOT. I really like my boss. I don’t want to be bitter, but I’m feeling a bit Scrooged at the moment. Boo.

I was having a pretty good day until now. Grrr. I hate being upset.

Oh yeah, and the stupid library was closed yesterday. Oh! And Columbia has the nicest security guards ever!

Me: Hi. I was wondering if you knew when the library closed.
Bitter asshole security guard: There is a sign on the door.
Me: I was here yesterday, and there wasn’t a sign then . .
BASG: It’s on the door.
Me: Ok.
I unwillingly walk to the library door, scan all signs and still find no sign with holiday hours.
Me: You know what, I looked at all the signs and there is still no sign with the hours. You wouldn’t happen to know when the librarians left. Or you know, when the library closes?
BASG: It closes at five.

So, I wasted ten fucking minutes of my life looking at a door with no signs only for this BASG to tell me what she could have told me in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home