Wednesday, December 19, 2001

Jen

I was a kaleidoscope: the snow on my lenses distorting the image of what was only one of you and I didn’t know which one to address as all your lips moved.

Snow, why did you come? I thought we made a deal, you know, you couldn’t happen until I’m out of the state?

Because of my procrastination and Becky’s cold, we missed yoga. I took off yesterday from work to do 2 things- print out some Christmas presents and go to the library to further research my paper and renew some books. Well, I spent most of the morning hanging out with Pat, which was not in the game plan by any means.* Then I get to school, at yes, 3:45. I don’t even know what was the point of taking off! Anyway, I finished 3 prints for gifting purposes.

Here is where I get pissed off. I get to the library at 7:45 and it’s closed. No note on the door with winter break hours, no one around to tell me why it’s closed, just me, pissed off with a bag full of almost overdue books. Since they are overdue as of tomorrow, I have decided to make the trek over to Columbia today and hopefully do what I really wanted to do yesterday.

Since I stayed up way too late on Monday night,** I couldn’t get to sleep at all last night. I finally made Becky’s mix CD, which I have only been promising to make for the past 6 months. I did a couple of headstands, made some stuff on PhotoShop and then watched Conan with Jimmy Eat World. Cool.

Too bad I’m exhausted and there is no coffee because the coffee maker is STILL broken after almost a month. You would think we would have a new one by now due to the rate that coffee is consumed in this place, but no. I don’t know how everyone can be content buying a cup of coffee every morning, maybe even a couple times a day, depending on who you are. I, on the other hand, give my coworkers the puppy eyes as they go to buy coffee and pray that they’ll bring me some back. Ahh, the life of a scavenger.***


*Not that I didn’t like it or anything.
**Pat and I rented One Night at McCool’s or something like that. It has some funny parts, although I wouldn’t say I was comic genius. There were too many parts of “Liv Tyler is sooooo sexy” kind of things going on. Anyway, I was actually surprised that Paul Reiser, of Mad About You fame, could play a more diverse role than what I am used to on TV.
***He, he. It just worked too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home