Friday, December 21, 2001

Jen

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.*

Or of deserts and cacti. Or of monkeys.

1 more day in Chicago until a Very Vegas Christmas.

Thanks for that. Besides Monday night, I have not gotten more than 5 hours of sleep a night. Vegas will be a great time to catch up on sleep, and spend way too much quality time with my parents, but let's not think about that part. : ) I don’t know how I’m keeping my eyes open. Do you remember those old Tom and Jerry Cartoons, where Tom would use toothpicks to prop his eyelids open? Although I know that would be extremely painful, I seriously need to do something to keep them open.

Anyway, last night when I was trying to go to bed, Pat made me sit up to watch the video to “Where’s your head at” by Basement Jaxx. I'm glad I did, because the video is very cool although I had very odd dreams about monkeys and mad scientists. Today, I can’t get the damn song out of my head which has a lot of “where’s your head at’s” in it. I don’t know the rest of the words, but I will say that the song is pretty rockin.’

FYI: We did exchange presents yesterday at the office, so I'm not as bitter as yesterday. I didn't get the ultimalte shaft like I had expected (meaning no bonus and no party.) I'm still slightly disappointed that there was no party, because it kind of defines the holiday season. That and snow. It doesn't feel like it's going to be Christmas in 4 days. I don't know if it's because I'm older and the "magic" of the holiday season just doesn't happen anymore for me, or if because the right "signs" aren't there for me this year. Last night, I actually told Pat that giving presents on Christmas is pretty silly. Example: Pat gets me a cd for Christmas and I get him a cd. Why can't I go out and just buy it myself? This morning, I'm feeling a bit different about it. . . Crap. I have no idea what I am babbling about. Just give me some nog and Christmas carols and I'll be in a festive mood. Fine, and maybe snow- but only when I get back and all the streets in Chicago are plowed.

*Yet another fine Christmas tune covered by your favorite (any artist/band goes here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home