Monday, December 03, 2001

Jen

Is something wrong with me?*

The coffee machine is dead again. As an office, I know that we don’t make enough coffee to kill a coffee machine every six months or so. Yet, here we are without fresh coffee today and probably for a couple of weeks until someone does something about it, which most likely, will have to be me. Now I’m not a huge coffee drinker or anything, but this morning I needed it. I got a lot of sleep last night, so you don’t think I’d be tired, but I was. I’m feeling better now, but that’s also because it’s already after noon. I would hope I’d be awake.

That was my first annoyance of office life. The second one has to do with Barb’s computer, which for the 2nd time in the past month, has a virus. Because my computer rocks,** Bobby, our very much loved computer guy, has been using PC Anywhere to access files on my computer from his office that can fix Barb’s computer. Got it? Anyway, that means less computer time for me. Here’s the equation:

No coffee when Jen needs it + limited to no computer access = super crabby.

There you have it.

The weekend was good and relaxing, plus I got a lot of homework done. I still feel bad about not getting the promo shot done for the umpteenth week in a row, so Greg, I am sorry. I was ready to do it this Sunday, but I thought that I had a few minutes extra for lunch. God, I suck.

Saturday night was interesting. A huge shout-out "BOO!" goes to Voyeur, the club that I went to with Aaron and some of my Grad school friends. I had a lot of fun hanging out with them, but the club itself sucks. The hoochie patrol was out! Yeah, we stood out . . . and the drinks are watered down and expensive. See, after the free drink thing was over, I bought a drink for Aaron and I that totaled, I kid you not, $18. I guess I should have expected that. Ah well.

Then I met up with everyone else for the birthday festivities at the Holiday Club, which was excellent.

*Due to my above song quote: as a reminder, Pete Yorn is at the Metro this Wednesday. I'm still debating if I want to dish out the 15 bucks to see him or not. I really like his album, but sometimes, his voice is so super whiny, like in, I think it's called, Just Another Girl. And I hate the beginning of Closet! How freaking cheesy! I'm only mentioning this because I started bitching, and hate to end right in the middle of it. Anyway, I have been banned from playing the CD in the morning by Pat. It "sucks to wake up to."
**That’s because it’s the newest and fastest!