Monday, March 11, 2002

Jen

Are you being driven or do you drive?

I'm pretty tired right now, but not tired enough to not go out and get a beer!

The museum is in transition between shows right now. All day we've been taking down the Shifting Tides show (all Cuban artists. It was a cool show and you should be ashamed that you missed it!) and packing it up. We are putting up the new show this week which is all about Chicago. EXCEPT for this stupid piece called the Mourning Wall. It's fucking ridiculous. It's a bunch (actually, 100 to be exact) of exposed polaroid negatives. That wouldn't be so bad if she (the artist) didn't justify this work by saying that this piece is mourning anyone that has died becasue of war, disease, accidents, natural disaters, poisoning, murders, getting struck by lighning, chocking on a chicken bone - basically anyone that has ever died at any time. AND she wants us to sell posters with a photograph of the piece with text basically describing what I said. So stupid.

Plus, I've been conditioning the negatives for the past couple of days, making the wall both an angry and bitter one for me. Grr to stupid artists.

The rest of the show should be so good. Please come!!!! I'll put up a link later.

Well, it's late, and I've been here since 9:00. Brian and I are going to get a beerr to relax a bit before I have to go home and finish some homework! yay!

No, really. It's been a good day. There are a ton of great people that work at the museum and I love this job a lot. I promise I won't bitch anymore. Ok, maybe "promise" is too strong of a word. . .









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home