Friday, March 29, 2002

Jen

We are classically trained to rock your fucking socks off.

I forgot to write that I saw American Heritage at the Blue Note* Wednesday night. The reason why I am mentioning this now is because a)they are really fantastic. They are leaving for a small European tour soon, but I do recommend checking them out when they get back (DO NOT forget your ear plugs. You definitly need them.) and b) they are funny people. I get there for the one of the opening bands. They were pretty terrible. Imagine a really bad Built to Spill With added poppiness. Anyway, American Heritage gets up there and says, "well, that band really sucked." Now, I'm guessing if I liked the previous band** I would have been upset by the statement. I mean, it is an asshole thing to do. Really, the funny parts came during the dialogue between the two bands all night. The guitarist from the first band responds with "Fuck You." and all AH (american Heritage) says is: "You hair sucks." All night long there is talk about bad hair and sad responses back of "fuck you." Ok, you had to be there.

Today, Becky and Greg are heading on up to Madison, WI for a Passover celebration. I'll be here in Chicago this weekend because I don't have anything to celebrate, or so I thought. I really wanted to hang at home for Easter, but my sister gave me a guilt trip: "You're going to be alone. . . ON EASTER?!?!?" to which I responded that it wasn't like Christmas or Thanksgiving, it's Easter, for the love of god.*** Those are more family holidays. Easter is just, well, Easter. To make her happy, I'm going to go by Pat's parents house on Sunday. Whateves.

Today, I may go and purchase a lovely little camera friend. I'm going to go on my lunch break, which is right now. Hungry. . .

*Here is something for debate. (or maybe not) So, the sign just says "The Note" (the club on Milwaukee) but everyone I know, including myself, calls it "the Blue Note." Discuss.
**An Automotive. Avoid them.
***No pun intended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home