Thursday, March 21, 2002

Excuse me while I get up on my soapbox:

If you live in Chicago and/or you like to read (or even if you don't for that matter) then I greatly encourage participating in the "One Book, One Chicago" program, which is where the Chicago Public Library picks one book and sponsers events around it during national reading week in April.

The program started last year when they encouraged chicagoans to read To Kill and Mockingbird and had a huge response (I missed this one)

This year the book is a little on the heavier side (content, not length)- Night by Elie Wiesel, which recounts his experience in the Holocaust. I've read this book before and its really amazing, especially for how short it is.

Check out The Website if you get a chance.

Thanks and I will now get off. (my soapbox, you sikko)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home