Tuesday, April 16, 2002

Jen

Sip my morning tea but you're not next to me.

The house was so empty this morning, but so nice too. Huh.

I feel completely spoiled by the awesome weather that we are having. I ate lunch outside today at the park across the street from school and besides getting this wierd white stuff on my back pack (some kind of fertilizer maybe?) it was an extremely enjoyable experience. Even waiting last night for Pat to pick me up from school was great; just sitting outside, looking at our lovely city. Even the homeless guy that bugged me for change didn't even really bother me. That's how nice it was.

I'm sure that everyone has in their taxes by now, but last night, it was a some sort of mad frenzy at the post office on Harrison. They actually had the post office staff outside waiting to take envelopes. There were hordes of people out and traffic sucked around there. According to Nate, they were passing out little samples (like gum and snacks) like it was some sort of sporting event. It reminds me of that Simpsons Episode - you know, Flanders gets his taxes in as soon as it's January 1st and then Homer makes up some stuff about the family and then mails his taxes in at the last moment. I beleive the plot line turns to Homer having to get Mr.Burn's million dollar bill and they end up in Cuba. "Cuba? you talking about Cuba?" Moral of this story? Send your taxes in on time. Either that or pretty much anything can be related back to the Simpsons.

I only sent mine in early because I am getting a sweet return! As for Pat, as usual, he sent them in exactly on the 15th. I swear I wrote a story about this before. Come to think of it. . .

I'm working on the mailing list today, and I found myself very distracted by our old archives. I either a)had better stories to tell or b) had a way more interesting life one year ago at this time or c) I had more time on my hands. I really can't tell. See for yourself, if you want. (or this one)

Ok, I want to get a little bit more of this (mailing list action!!!) done, then run upstairs and make a better print of my digital project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home