Monday, April 08, 2002

Jen

Some times, I get so tense but I can't speed up the time.*

I did it. I ate the dog.

So, we are at the very sad Cubs game on Saturday, and I buy myself a hotdog. It was pretty anticlimatic, considering that really I was the only one who noticed (besides Becky) that I was eating a hotdog and it's been a good 8 or so years since I last had one. So here's my brief critique on hotdogs: they aren't half bad, but they are definitly not going to make me eat meat again. Especially because a couple hours later, my stomach was killing me. Thank you Nate for the TUMS. They were calcium-licious.

I'm pretty disappointed with the weather today, especially because I was chosen to go out into it today and get a birthday cake for four of the people at work. It was kind of nice to have a mid day field trip, but the rain sucked!!!! The Jewel is too far away from Columbia and the museum, so I got to take a cab there, all on work. Too bad that I had to wait outside for another cab carrying a large sheet cake and two tubs of ice cream. The cake was damn good though. mmmmm.

So the weekend turned out to be very good, and productive for the most part. I do have to get my ass back into school work mode, which really doesn't seem to likely. Then again, I am here at school, working late on this artist packet that I have to hand out in class tomorrow. I guess that does kind of put me back into the swing of things. I just don't want to be, you know?

I have tons of stuff to do besides this, like write an artist statement, take some psuedo documentary photos for digital and, get this, study for a test. I haven't taken a test since my early undergrad days, so I'm not too positive on how well this one will go. Besides, I hate thinking under pressure like that. Especially answering a question that has just one solid answer. Bullshitting, on the other hand, like essay questions, are usually my strong point. That's probably why I'm an artist. Look! I just ripped on being an artist!

One more thing, then back to work. Who ever thought of this daylight savings time crap? My whole day was fucked up yesterday. You think it's 4, but it's really five. All day, I just felt like I was running behind schedule. Today it doesn't really seem like that huge of a deal, but yesterday, I was pissed! Anyway, do we really need to change the time?

Sorry about the above bitch session.

So I'm curious, did you guys (Beck and Greg) get a new TV or what?

*Nate burned Peter a copy of Guns'n'Roses live, but Peter already had it. So, I got the copy. I got a chance to listen to it Saturday night before going out and now I can't get Patience out of my head.















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home