Monday, June 03, 2002

Jen

I'll be back*

Hmmm. It's been very interesting these past couple of days.

The good news: My damn ear finally popped!!!!! I can hear! I can hear!!!

More fantastic news!: My friend Jen, who has been going through some rough times these past couple of weeks just got engaged last night! It was such a great story too, that it made tears come to my eyes. It's just that after her father passed away only a few short weeks ago, evey time I spoke to her, she sounded so miserable and sad. It was so wonderful to hear Jen as I know Jen. She sounded so great last night. I am so happy for her!

And I'm in the wedding party! woo hoo!

Of course it is fantastic news, but I think this kind of sets the stage for what is going to be happening for the years in the future: all of friends are going to get married. I swear, it's a trend. I saw it with my sister and her friends. One gets engaged and the next thing you know, the whole lot of them are married. So here is Jen, only 24 and getting married. Of course, I think it's great because her and Jason have been dating for five years. I'll be 24 in three months, where does that put me? No where close to the altar, that much is for sure.

Other good news, maybe? School is really over - or is it really? The one professor that I have been having a conflict of interest, shall I say, with, has asked me to meet with the head of our department. I have no idea what it's about, besides the fact that I know she has it in for me. I don't like her, and I'm not afraid to show it. I'm not going to walk on eggshells around a professor just because I want a decent grade. I'm old enough now to speak up, think and take care of myself. I'm paying for this education, and I'm taking what I want out of it. Enough on that.

The weekend though, was really pretty fantastic. I got to see Becky and spend some quality time with someone that I adore. Cool.

Back to work! The museum needs me!

*Oh, yeah. Thanks Kai (I can't link you, because I suck at the Mac I am on! Go to Too Many Days on the sidebar!) for setting the record straight- Clair Danes will be in the new Terminator. So I wasn't really dreaming. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home