Wednesday, July 17, 2002

Jen

Don't wait for me. I'll wait for you

This week has been flying by.

I took off from work on Monday. I figured that I'm here at work all the time and it is summer. . . So, I stopped by my old place of work. I know, sounds like fun. Well, if you have been reading this over the past year and a half that we have had this little blog going, you'd probably know that I used to work for an insurance agent. Not that I ever told anyone that, but that is what I used to do - for five whole years of my life while I was in undergrad. Anyway, I went back to my office, because I grew close to those people over the time that I spent there. Plus, my friend, Bora, took over my job when I left. So, going to the office to hang out was really fun, and it was great catching up with people that I haven't seen in the past six months since I left and started working here at the museum.

Work has been really busy leaving me with little time to write. Besides a printviewing and tour that I helped give today and yesterday, I've been working on getting out a press release. We have 1,500 people that we mail to; this does not include our domestic and foreign mailings, which are much larger. I have many papercuts on my hands.

I am very excited to see a friend of mine who just got home from Rwanda (I posted an e-mail he sent to me about two weeks ago). It's been only 7 weeks since I've seen him, but I really missed his presence in my life. Kinda like a certain bloggerwho is currently located in California. I even had to go get a new yoga partner!

Actually, I didn't, but it was nice to have someone go with me. Nate, my complete sweetheart, sat through an hour an a half of yoga. Yeah, so basically, he rules.

One more thing. I saw the Vines and Ok Go at the Metro on Saturday night. Here's my quick review. Ok Go is really fun live. I don't know the lead singers/guitarists name, but he is so great. The Vines are pretty cool too. There was a little too much screaming and reverb in the mic, which annoyed the hell out of me. The lead singer also did all the cliche rock moves too (like Weezer) buthe actually made them look cool, like when he completely knocked over the drum kit. Musically, I don't know if they are my thing.

That's all folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home