Wednesday, July 03, 2002

Jen

Let's get away for awhile, you and I, to a strange and mystic land*

I'm sitting at the computer, typing up some letters, when this woman walks into the office and asks if she can tell us (me and Brian, my co-worker) something. Of course we say yes and she says. "This is the most sick and perverted art exhibit that I have ever seen. It's pathetic." Brian just says, "Really?" and she leaves. Then, we find out later that she went around the museum, touching the photographs, most of them without glass to protect them. Then she tells Jackie, who is sitting at the front desk, that she is going to talk to the administration. Too bad that they have no say what goes up here. Oh yeah, and by the way, we are free to the public, so if you don't want to see it, don't come in.

Last night, yoga was great, even though the room was really, really hot. There is an open workshop on the 4th of July that I might attend, really only because I don't have much to do. Gant is leaving to go to Michigan, so the house will empty (except for Rosa!) I've been asking people what is going on for the holiday, and most people don't have plans. Do I have to throw a BBQ?!?!? Someone have a party so I don't have to clean later!

This Saturday, I am shooting a wedding reception. I'm really not too excited about it, because I feel it is really very unrewarding for a photographer. The last wedding I did back in May, I had a good time doing it, but the shots are so standard. Ok, here is the bride with the cake. Now the bride and groom with the cake. Now a close up of their rings, and then them looking at each other. Now them and the entire freakin' family plus cousin Bertha. God forbid we leave out cousin Bertha. I'm just being bitchy. The person that I am doing the wedding for is a complete sweetheart, and she's paying me quite well to work for 5 hours, so I shouldn't complain. That doesn't mean that I want to do anymore weddings after this, even though I know it will probably happen because I somehow get talked into it like I did this one!

On a different note: I saw this thing on the news that on the 3rd and 4th of July, most channels will be showing these patriotic commercials regarding the whole Sept. 11 thing and our "War on Terrorism." Wow. Propaganda. I feel extremely uncomfortable about this and can't really explain it. Kinda makes me want to pack up my shit and move to Montana or something.

I spoke to Greg and Becky yesterday, and they are out in Portland, Oregon. Can I just write that I am extremely jealous right now? I am. I want to get out ofChicago for awhile. I mean, all my trips up to Wisconsin are a blast. but come on! : ) Hell, I may end up driving up there on the 4th because there is someone I really want to see. . .

It looks like this is all from me this week, but then again, you never know.

*Back when Weezer was cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home