Tuesday, July 09, 2002

Jen

You take the car, I'll take the night off. We'll get the chance to take the world apart and figure out how it works. Don't let me know what you find out.

Are we boring or what? Sorry, we need to post more. . .

I had an interesting weekend and holiday. I spent my third of July in . . . the post office. My friend, Chris, works for a label called Dust Traxx (they put out house music). It was his job to send out 179 mailers, each with five new records from the label. Chris promised me that the mailing ordeal wuld only take 20 minutes, leaving us with enough time to see the fireworks downtown. Of course, before I get in the car, I think we have to mail 1, or at most 10 packages. Nope, 179. Anyway, we had quite the adventure and a 20 minute excursion turned into 2 hours. We had to write "media mail" on all 179 packages so that the postage would be cheaper. I know for a FACT that I've seen stamps that say Media Mail before, but the woman at the counter insisted that it didn't exsist. I think that was her way of torturing us for bring her that much mail on the evening of 3rd of July. No fireworks for me, at least on that night.

I went up to Milwaukee on the fourth to pick up Nate and take him home. It was a quick ride up there. I have, shall we say, a lead foot. I have a tendency to speed a little. Ok, sometimes more than a little. But when no one is on the road, I can't help it. It's like a free for all. All that open road and it's my playground. Did I ever mention that I wanted to be a racecar driver? So, we are on our way home, and I'm really happy and excited to see Nate. He has all this stuff to show me that he got from his Grandpa. . . and then I look behind me and see a state trooper. I pull over, and I'm really nervous because I never got a speeding ticket. EVER. I'm that good. So she comes up to my car and asks me how quick I was going. Unknowingly, I say 75. I wasn't looking at my speedometer, I was talking with Nate. Ah yeah, I was going 85 (which, if you think about it, isn't really THAT fast. . .) As our conversation continues, I guess I passed her up, then she followed me for about a minutes before I pulled over. I felt like a complete jackass. I guess it showed. So with my clean record and the sheepish look on my face, I walk away with only a warning. Boo-ya!

Yup! So that's pretty much it. Work has been really busy for some reason. I actually have to send out a couple of books before 5 today, so I should really go and do that instead of blog.

Oh yeah, expect some changes fairly soon with the look of this blog. We've had this format for over a year now and really, it's time for a change. Greg - get to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home