Monday, November 04, 2002

i'm old

as the italic thing above says, i'm old. i turn the big 24 today. my bones are already creaking and I can swear i can feel the rain a'comin'.

the weekend was a blast. two rock shows and a dinner out. tonight is more of the same fine dining with the lovely becky. now for a bit of a story.

we were required to dress business casual today, but i forgot and showed up in jeans and a sweater. forunately i arrived at 7 am, so I had plenty of time to head back home and change and still make it back before i had to be at work. i hopped the subway up to belmont and tried to change to the brown line for the 6 minute trip to my house. now here's the tricky part, two trains stop on the same side of the platform at belmony, the brown line and the purple line. the brown line goes to my apartment, the purple line goes to evanston. the first train that pulled up was a brown line and i boarded it, but as soon as i got on the driver made an announcement that the train was going express past my stop, but there were two trains immediately following. i was a little miffed cause i wanted to hurry this up, but i saw the headlights of another train not that far down the tracks so i jumped off.

the next train pulled up and i got right on. unfortunately, as soon as the door closed i realized that i had boarded a puple line train. the purple line goes express to evanston, a 20 minute ride. there is no way off. so i had to ride to evanston, 20 minutes, ride back to belmont, 20 more minutes. by this time it was 8:30, and there was no way i could make it to my apartment in time so i decided to head back downtown and buy clothes at the gap by my work. i finally got back to my desk at 9:15, two hours and $45 later.

as a birthday present to myself, i'm gonna pretend none of that happened and leave work a little after four.

none of that happened. none of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home