Friday, November 15, 2002

Jen

It's hard to remember, it's hard to remember to live before you die

God, I suck at remembering birthdays. . . Thank god someone is organized! I'm sorry that I didn't say anything last night, and I know that you don't think that they are that big of deal anyway. . . Still Brian, you are now older. It's a happy day! Happy!

I may admit to being a freak when I write this, but I'm really hoping that I can talk Nate into seeing this with me tonight.

This week, I can bitch about being at school way too much this week. I stayed here late working on our public art project- which is still not up- and getting myself prepared for candidacy. I know that I've mentioned it before, but here's a quick review. I have to present my current work, along with my artist statement, a self-assesment and the beginning of my thesis paper to all of the photo faculity. I'm not worried about the work as much as I am worried about talking about it. I can sometimes get very tongue-tied, and that can make me not pass candidacy. So far, three people have done their candidacy and only one has passed. Of course, you get a second chance, but it's super intimadating doing this presentation in front of the faculity. I really want to get a lot of the paperwork aspect of it out of the way this weekend, but I know how I am. I'll probably end up playing with Josie. That cat!

I forgot to ask Brian if he had any songs picked for the mix CD. I have definitly decided that "I'm a bear" - by this crazy band called the Flotation Walls, has to go on it though.

Here's a little something that I got in my e-mail today- There is a great sampler that you can get from Polyvinyl for either three stamps or a dollar- with songs from bands like the Red Hot Valentines, Friction, Pele, Rainer Maria, etc.

The other thing was from Holiday Matinee- there is 7-inch that is being released by Better Looking Records of Jimmy Eat World covering "Last Christmas" - by Wham! and Prodigy's "Firestarter." There's only 3,000 being pressed, so it's something to look into!

Lunch time!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home