Monday, November 04, 2002

Jen

now doesn't that make you feel better?

Yes indeedy, it does.

I've been feeling pretty sick since last Wednesday/Thursday, so as you can see, I haven't been blogging much.

I've been meaning to write about this crazy thing happened to me Wednesday on my ride home from school.

I was just about to go down to the red line when I heard some repeatedly saying "hello." I turned around only because I wanted to see who this guy was saying hello to. Turns out its me. There are these two - I'm guessing this is what they were, only by looks - Orthodox Jews*, trying to get my attention.

One of them did most of the talking, even though his English wasn't all that good, the other was silent most of the time. The first thing they wanted to know was if the red line went north. Then they wanted to know how to pay for the ride. So I patiently helped them put money in the machines and get their L cards (while I was helping the more talkitive one, the qyuite one is dropping all this money on the ground), pick up fallen cash and get them through the turnstyle.

So, we are down in the subway and the talkitive one, wants to know where 6600 north is, which I guessed was pass Devon. He wasn't really sure where to get off, so he said he'd call for directions.

We got on the train right after that, and both of them nervously kept an eye on me. After we get out of the tunnel, the one, who is trying to communicate with someone on the other end of the phone, hands the phone to me.

Me: Hello?
Guy: How can I help you?
Me: I'm trying to help these two guys (I know I sounded really professional) get to where ever you are, can you give me directions?
Guy: Are they two Rabis
Me: I don't know, I guess.
Guy: Tell them we are not seeing Rabis today.
Me: I'm not their translator!
Stupid Guy: Can't you just tell them that we aren't seeing them today?
Me: Look, whether you like it or not, they are coming to see you, so you better give me dirctions before I get off this train, which is in ONE STOP.
Smart ass Guy. Tell them to walk down Devon.
Me: See how easy that was?

I got off at Belmont, so they nodded me goodbye and said thanks. I can't help but wonder if they ever got there ok.

I just thought that it was odd that they picked me to be their guide. And if I ever see/talk to that guy, I promise to give him more attitude then I did on the phone, biatch.

*They looked kind of Omish, but I knew they weren't. Beck, your input?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home