Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Jen

I want so badly to believe that there is truth and love is real

Sorry for the long delay in writing. I just got back from California yesterday morning, and I still feel like I'm recovering. Yesterday, I came into work for a half day and found myself unbelievably annoyed with my surroundings. That's is probably because I spent some incredibly relaxing days in Malibu at a friends place and then the next thing I know, I'm getting asked where to put the bubble wrap and where the box of Winogrand announcement cards are.

For the second time, I saw that guy from that one Jane's Addiction video - you know, the dred-locked guy with roller blades and a guitar? - in the Venice beach vacinity. You think that by now he would have moved on. Also, I had my first real celebrity spotting in the LA, which isn't really all that much of a celebrity. He's the tall mail room guy from Just Shoot Me. I'd look up his name, but this computer is too damn slow. Anyway, I saw him at this bar in Hollywood called Cat'n'fiddle. Other than that, a little bit of relaxation and, as always, a little bit of drama filled my trip.

The wedding, which seems like ages ago now, was actually a great time. I DID, however, have to wake up at 6:00 am to have my hair done. I had this hairstyle until probably 1 or 2 at night, so you can only imagine how much styling prodcut was in my hair. I have short hair, and the woman managed to use 40 bobby pins to hold up what little hair I have. That was the worse part.

The nice part came when Jen finally walked down the aisle. I was such a sweet and sincere moment that I know I could never write about properly without sounding too sappy or just plain ruining it. Everthing looked so flawless, little did they know how much hard work and tears came before the ceremony. I'm happy it's over, but really, more happy for Jen and Jason. What a great couple.

Otherwise, I'm faced with a horrible dilema and I keep changing my mind. Well, not really. I know what I want right? Do I lose a friend over it? Is our friendship a healthy one to begin with? Too many questions and I'm not ready to confront them.

That is about all. I spent some time after work trying to scam a U-Pass out of the Columbia College System. I'm done so I'm outta here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home