Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Jen

Your etiquette
Your rules on interaction
What are you waiting for?


What a crappy day. First thing to suck about today is that we can no longer eat food at work. We can't eat at our desk. We can't eat down in the prep room. NO FOOD.

And of course, to every action, there is a reaction. Peter quit today, which leaves us with three new openings here. I was upset when Meagan quit last week, and not so shocked when Joy quit too, but it sucks losing Peter. I see a lot of Peter since he moved into my place, but he's a great worker here and replacing him won't be easy. I've called 3 people for interviews, so I'm hoping one of them will be responsible enough to hire.

I think what pisses me off the most about today's events is that it's breaking up the little community we have formed. Anyone who has spent time with us as a group know that we are a tightly knit bunch of people and the first way to break that up is take away our lunch time together. It even further separates the part time staff from the full time staff. That lunch room gave everyone a chance to communicate and get to know one another.

It just feels like we are being treated like children. It's like we are not responsible enough to eat food here or be social without acting like a preschool playgroup. It breaks the morale. No one wants to work where you don't feel like an equal, or at least, like a responsible adult.

I'm feeling emotional today, so this is really hurting my feelings. What a load of bullshit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home