Thursday, August 28, 2003

Mike

Worst "Theft" Ever:
I was at Best Buy this evening, attempting to return a new CD player that no longer played CDs. After waiting in line for a while, the clueless-looking returns counter guy took my CD player as I explained the problem to him. He took it to the backroom, fiddled around with it for about 25 minutes, came back to the front counter, and claimed that it worked again.

Best Buy Guy: "I don't think there's a problem. It works just fine with this Matchbox 20 CD inside!" (he put a creepy emphasis on the words "Matchbox 20")

Me: "I'm not taking this back until I take a listen for myself." (Yes, I foolishly volunteered to listen to Matchbox 20.)

It worked, and I agreed to take it back. However, the guy forget to take the CD and batteries out. I realized his mistake before I exited the store, but I headed for my car and never looked back. If I can save just one future customer from having to hear Rob Thomas' voice as they test their CD player, I've done a good thing.

Estimated Street Value of My Loot: $1.38

I highly recommend league bowling at Diversey. Last night was only my first night, and I already managed to break one of my bowling shoes. I don't know how it happened, but about 1/4 of the sole on my right shoe just snapped off. Crazy.

I'm up for a get-together one of these weekends. Most Fridays for the next few weeks are bad, but Saturdays are good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home