Saturday, September 20, 2003

Jen

That's when the party started as far as I know

It’s Saturday, and I’m at work again. This is the beginning of a series of weekends that I will have to come into work for. At the same time, it’s nice because I can get a lot of work done and at my own pace, but not so nice that I’m here. Also, sometimes, I don’t think that the staff realizes how much extra time I put into working here and how as a part-time employee, I can never get paid more than 30 hours. So yeah, both the negative and the positive.

Yesterday, I spent some time with the Thursday night Fizz crew, and was amazed to see exactly how quick one can chug a beer. I lead the official countdown to the races because I couldn’t drink due to the fact that I drove last night. The point about chugging is that it is temporary amusement. Let’s say that to chug a can of beer lasts 30 sec. Of course, there are arrangements to made pre-chug contest. Getting people involved, that may take between 3-5 minutes, depending on enthusiasm. Getting the beer out, passing it around, doing the whole countdown thing probably takes another 3 minutes tops. That leaves the activity with really only 30 seconds of actual action time, with a remaining 30 seconds on the congratulating the winner. Total time to chug beer: 6-8 minutes, give or take. On the grand scheme of things, it leaves a night wide open. That is unless the contest goes on past one round and then everyone starts dropping their pants. That’s another story.

Note on chugging: If you stop half way to take a quick breather, it is no longer considered an official chug. Also, if everyone else finishes and you stop because they stop and are not done with your can, then you shouldn’t be chugging.

Ok, I’m bored, can you tell? Time to do more productive work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home