Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Mike

You said it...
Yep, Friday was definitely a good time. After a disappointing trek to a few bars on Southport (Where were the costumes, people?), the party was a nice change of pace. I hadn't realized that Becky went to U of I, too. Supposedly my friend Art, who was at the party, had a few classes with her. I would have stuck around longer if not for the intense, undying hunger that could only be stopped by nachos supreme from that burrito place on Lincoln.

I'm still sporting the "executive mohawk" look that I had for my Mr. T costume. It doesn't look too bad when you consider the fact that I just grabbed a big clump of hair on my head and started trimming around it.

Other than Fizz on Thursday, I'll be making an appearance at J & R Tap (1300 W. Wellington) on Friday for Crapple night. For those who don't know, Crapple is Chicagoland's finest raffle of toilet brushes, lawn darts, K-Mart t-shirts, inflatable pool toys, and miscellaneous board games. Contact me if you're interested - it's a lot of fun. On Saturday, I get to see the reunion of one of my favorite Chicago bands, Seam, at The Abbey Pub. I think it's their first show in about 4 years, so I'm mega-pumped. I was supposed to see them at U of I shortly before they broke up, but I ended up going home the weekend they played. This is the sort of stuff I need to get me excited about live music again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home