Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Jen

When I see you, I only see you upside down. But my brain knows better, it picks you up and turns you around.

What a wonderful show last Friday. Death Cab for Cutie were probably the best that I have seen them live since I saw them at the Fireside so many years ago. That’s probably due to the new album, which is a lot more live audience friendly. I was also shocked to hear so much off Something About Airplanes, which I don’t think I’ve heard live too often.

Show highlights: 1) Hearing All is Full of Love sung over the music to Blacking out the Friction.
2) Starting off with A Lack of Color! I love that song.
3) five songs off Something About Airplanes!
4) Constant updates on the Cubs game.

The low points: 1) The Snoozer, aka Transatlanticism. It’s not a great song to hear live. At least they shortened it for listening pleasure.
3) 2 songs off We Have the Facts. : (
2) No Joy in Ug-Ville: So many gooney looking indie kids. Sorry, but showering is your friend. Do it, you’ll like it.

I have a small dilemma. I have tickets to see Mars Volta, which I am very excited about seeing. I think the CD is great, and I’m guessing that they will be a great live show. The bad part about it all is that the show is tomorrow, which is the same day as the Cubs game that we WILL win to get us into the World Series. I’m trying to figure out a way to do both, but because there is only one of me, I’m guessing that since I spent money on tickets to the show, I should go.

Otherwise, things have been crazy here, and especially at work. This may sound odd, but it’s not easy being in charge. I constantly have to think of things for people to do. Not only that, but if they screw up in any way, it basically is my fault. Lots of stress my way. So much, that I started drinking coffee again. Bad Jen!

That’s all for now, I get to run to Home Depot this afternoon to by a new level!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home