Monday, March 08, 2004

Mike

I'm a ghost/I'll be fading with the light

Welcome to hell, Jen. Finding a job seems to get harder every day, even though my salary requirements and desired working conditions get lower and lower all the time. I know I haven't been unemployed very long, but I've been through this cycle before.

Did anyone make it out to Crapple on Friday? I was only there until about 11:15. I think the appeal of Crapple is gone now that everyone and their cousin knows about it. The place was much too crowded, and we only won a few items.

Of course I want you to take the full-time job, Jen, but that's just selfish old me not wanting to see any friends leave the Chicagoland area. Even though we only seem to see each other about once a month, it's nice having you around. California may be cool, but Arnold is governor. Don't forget that.

As for the whole Braid reunion dealie, I think it's a terrible idea...but I'll probably go to the Chicago show(s). I was at their very last show in '99, and it was a blast. I think you might even be able to see me in that "Killing a Camera" video/DVD, but I never bothered to check it out. Can anyone out there really name a totally successful reunion? The recent Soft Boys album was decent, but it doesn't come close to touching "Underwater Moonlight." Wire supposedly still tears it up onstage, but "Send" was (to my ears) unlistenable crap. The Breeders tour/album were both supposedly very limp, although I have no direct experience with either. Television's 1992 reunion album was garbage, although I've heard good things about more recent live shows. There's some hope for the "new" Mission of Burma album, although that consists mostly of recently recorded versions of older songs. The one MP3 available from that album doesn't sound promising at all. Newer Go-Betweens material is so-so. The Bell Biv Devoe reunion album was, obviously, the best thing ever.

Today is the start of spring break at NIU. I'm taking off my top and applying some Coppertone right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home