Sunday, November 14, 2004

Jen

The softest blackout is still soft and black, outside and in.
-Q and not U

Ah, yet another week has passed. It was a busy week for me. Chris, my co-worker, was away on vacation which left me alone to set up the show that opened this Saturday at the gallery. I was a little nervous about doing everything right. I'm used how things worked at the museum, you know, how things are hung, the proceedure for new art etc. This was pretty much the same, but there will always be slight differences where ever you are. Anyway, the show looks great, yadda, yadda.

Last Monday, Matt and I hiked up to Eagle Rock - a spot in Topanga Canyon where, as the name cleverly states, eagles used to make their home. It's only a 2 mile hike, but it's uphill the whole way. Anyway, it was so nice to be outdoors and away from it all. It's so quiet up there too. Awesome.

As it turns out, I have missed a whole shitload of good shows out here because I find the LA Times a little too cumbersome. Where's the Chicago Reader when you need it? Anyway, I've missed - Q and not U, Pinback, and Travis Mosrrison - that I just would have seen because, well, I'd have to, it's Travis! - among countless others that I don't know about it. If anyone in LA reads this, can you let me know how you find out about shows in an easier manner? Actually, can you just e-mail me about good shows? Thanks.

Here's me, on top of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home