Saturday, January 01, 2005

Jen

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Did everyone have a nice night? Matt and I had my friend Eric and his girlfriend, Kelly, over for dinner. Then we all went to Eric's sister's party about five blocks away. After midnight, I started heckling people from the balcony and we all got invited to another party. It was a nice night- nice weather, nice new friends. I miss home though; I miss hanging with my best friends.

My fear of tsunamis have subsided a bit since we haven't been hit by one yet in Southern California. Even the ocean is tamer now that the rain has stopped.

Matt and I started to watch a movie called "Highway Men" but it sucked so bad we didn't finish; I fell asleep. In other words, don't rent it.

My top 5 New Year Resolutions:

1) Try to be better about calling people (back).
2) Do more fun things in LA
3) Finish my goddamn thesis.
4) Start playing guitar/bass again. (yes, it sounds like a chessy resolution and it is.)
5) Get my book published.

Looking at this list, it looks more like goals than resolutions, but who's really counting?

2 Comments:

Blogger becky said...

happy new year as well!!

1:31 PM  
Blogger David said...

Hi Jen...and everyone.

To show you how a forty-something couple's New Year differs from a twenty-something couple: New Year's Eve, Dawn, Mia and I switched between Regis and Carson in NY, then watched New Year's Eve in Chicago until midnight. Mia had peach soda, Dawn had ginger ale and I had a couple glasses of a nice Beaujolais Nouveau that my buddy Stick gave me for Christmas. We were all thrilled that Mia actually stayed up until the bewitching hour. We all kissed and hugged at New Year's in NY and again at New Year's locally.

New Year's day we all ate some great ethnic food at Aunt Nikki's and in the evening we saw National Treasure (it was very entertaining) at the cheap theater in Crown Point.

You and Matt showed great inner strength in not feeling a need to finish the movie you rented. I recall I once got the movie "The House of Mirth" at the local library. It sucked all the way through, but I felt this need to keep watching it, thinking all the time that something interesting was going to happen. Of course, nothing did.

So...I have a couple questions:
What's your goddamn thesis about? :-)
What's the subject of your novel?

And a comment:
Playing your guitar more MAY seem like a cheesy resolution, but as you probably already know...it feels great to do it and it's VERY relaxing, isn't it? And well worth the time spent. I have a friend who got a really nice Fender acoustic guitar for Christmas many years ago. He keeps promising himself that one day he'll learn to play it but he probably never will. Because everything and everyone else is more important to him than his own desires. Ask Matt about the guy. I think Matt will know who I'm talking about.

Oops...I've rambled and I just wanted to say HELLO and HAPPY NEW YEAR. Create a great New Year for yourselves, guys. Love ya.

Yep...It's Matt's dad.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home