Monday, December 20, 2004

Jen

Yestrday, I was eating lunch at the cafe near my work and this man, oh, I'd guess early 40's - even though I am a terrible judge of age - wearing these tight black jeans, a flannel shirt (it was 80 degrees yesterday) with a comb over to cover his balding spot, sits at a table near me and kicks his feet up. He makes a call on his cell phone and when the other person answers he says, "Hey Rocker!" Although I might be wrong about this, my guess is that the person he was talking to was neither named rocker or was an actual rocker. The thing about LA that still continues to amaze me is no matter how old you are in this city; you always act like you are in your 20's. It not just a handful of people, it is the majority. This can be seen as good. It means people are more open minded, more young at heart. Of course when you see an older woman wearing spandex and way too much red lipstick, this can also be seen as a bad thing.

I was sick this weekend. Well, still am sick but feeling much better. I thought I could make it through the whole year without having any major sickness but alas, a freaking' 11 days from the New Year, I get the flu.

So what is everyone doing for the New Year? Since I can't go home, I have to make a decision. I will either be partying with my upstairs neighbors, Mike, Luscious and Zoobie, or be attending my co-worker's - Chris - annual shindig. I want to make an effort to hang out with Chris more because we get along so well at work that it's silly that we don't see each other besides that. On the other hand, the upstairs peeps are the closest friends (in proximity and in hang out time) I have here. They are all from Florida and way rad as people. What a dilemma.

So what are you doing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home