Friday, April 15, 2005

Jen

I’ve had plans all week to write a blog and catch up, but we’ve had a series of events that has lead me not to be at home.

Christie was in this past weekend, which was a fantastic time. Besides the one unfortunate event of Christie, Mark and Matt in a hit a run car accident with a hippie (I am not going to even try and explain this one, ask Christie), it was a very eventful weekend. Sunday, we went hiking up in Malibu, and of course, went to the favorite Malibu drink/food spot, Duke’s, afterward. Monday was actually one of the best days, because I actually got to spend time with Christie alone and have a chance to hang out, catch up and do girl things – you know (aka topless pillow fights and truth or dare!). I will post fun pictures once I have them.

Tuesday, when I got home from work and the gym, I noticed an odd smell in the air, which led me to a giant wet spot on my bed. The wet spot could have happened due to two, and only two, things – the ceiling leaked (which has happened before) or a kitty accident. Now, I don’t really know what happened Tuesday all day when I was gone, but as most everyone knows, Matt and I have two cats that LOVE to fight. They fight all the time. This is not a lie. I’m not sure why this would lead to kitty piss on my down comforter, but really, anything is totally feasible with Josie and Tiger.

So, I pulled off all sheets and threw them in the washing machine. Matt gets home shortly after I do. He is somehow not as bothered by these events as I am. I can’t understand it (my guess is he was happy that this all happened on my side of the bed as opposed to his.) Matt then goes to put the stuff in the dryer when he finds out that the dryer is not working. By this time it is already 10:30, which by Chicago’s standards is still early enough to go to a Laundromat and dry our wet bed sheets. That is not so anywhere in Venice or Santa Monica, because everywhere we drove was closed! Back at home an hour later, and I search in our “pit of despair” (our closet) for the extra bed sheets that I know I stowed in there somewhere. By 12 something or other, bed is made and we are sleeping.

This is where I digress. I sleep with the same blanket every night. I have had my down comforter for 6 years now, and when I go to sleep, it is there with it’s beautiful, soft, feathers falling around me. Even when it’s hot out, I have it nearby, just in case! I love it! I slept like absolute crap with a different blanket. It was horrible.

Next night, we dropped the comforter at the dry cleaners, and finally washed and dried our sheets; I have to sleep without my blanket until Saturday!!

Friends, Byron and Dave are in this eve. Guess where we are going for dinner and drinks?!?!? That’s right! Duke’s! It’s “Mai Tai madness” which means 4 bucks for the best Mai Tai I have ever had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home