Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Jen

I can hardly believe that it is already the middle of December, a mere 11 days from Christmas. Time is just flying by,

Yesterday, all the miserable shoppers in Chicago just happened to be at my Gap and and had me as their cashier. Please, consumers, tell me why do you think I am at the register to cheat you out of all of your hard earned money? I know the tag is marked $6.97 for this hideous polo you want to buy, and I promise, I will make sure you get it for that price. Hell, I want to make sure it leaves the store with you as much as you do. I am just plain sick of looking at it.

When I bag your goods and try to make small talk, I do it as much for you as for me. You see, I like talking to people, and I don't get paid extra for being nice to you. Hell, I could keep my mouth closed and nicely hand you your belongings and smile and send you packing, but I always think it's nice to be interested in you because I'm hoping that you will appreciate my interest. When you nod and don't even respond to my greetings, it makes me a little bummed. It makes me a litttle sad to think that we are a part of the same human race. It makes me sad that your children will grow up to be a cold as you are. At least acknowledge me. I've been on my feet for hours and I work hard to make sure you are having a good time at the store. That, my friends, is not worth the $9 an hour I get.

Finally, when I say "have a great night" and "keep warm," I am saying it because I mean it. I say it because I hope that deep down somewhere, you hope that I have the same. I hope you realize that I'm not just waiting for you to leave so I can count the measly $15.00 bucks you dropped on Grandma Edna.

Please people, give me just a little spirit and I promise you'll feel better too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Oh I can see the pictures!!!

Tell me wwhere so I can sneak up on you and take photos.
-B.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home