Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Jen

Do you ever get on the "L" and sit next to someone who looks pretty normal but then she ends up talking to herself (you realize this after you attempt to answer and she can't hear you) and peeling an orange with her teeth and spitting the peel on the floor of the train? Then people get on the train after you and they think you are insane as she is because you are sitting next to her and apparently seem to be her best buddy but there is no where else to go on the train because it's packed and you have to sit there and just deal with crazy orange peel spitter?

That happened to me last night. And let me tell you, it was awesome.

Friday night, I work my first overnight at the Gap. That's right, 8 pm to 4 am. We are doing a store wide inventory. Good thing I'm working with my favorite people there or this could be a long night. I've already mentioned going to a five o'clock bar for after work drinks, but at this point and time, no one's with me.

I watched Teen Jeopardy today and kicked ass.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I work the 6pm to 6am shift for four nights in a row about once a month, Jen. To me, it somehow makes me feel special to be up earning a living while most other people are sleeping. Of course, maybe it just feels special because I don't have to do it all the time. Still...I usually enjoy the overnight shifts.

Yeah, I watched Teen Jeapordy today too. And yeah, we BOTH kicked ass!

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home