Friday, February 03, 2006

Jen

Just so you all know, the groundhog saw his shadow yesterday. That means 6 more weeks of winter. Actually, Phil predicts "Six more weeks of mild winter weather", which seems rather precise for a groundhog. Technically, isn't there 6 more weeks of winter regardless? The first day of spring is March 20th, which is what, 6 weeks away? Any way you slice it, it's been a mild or - what I like to think of as -a fantastic winter, so there should be no bitching about the 6 more technical or groundhog predicted weeks of winter anyway.

On Monday, I saw the movie Maria Full of Grace. It was an excellent film minus watching Maria swallow large packettes of heroin. I can barely swallow a vitamin, so this was a little too much for me. Anyway, while looking at the news, I found this article, about little puppies being used to transport heroin. The strange thing is they used mostly purebred Labrador Retrievers. Call me crazy, but aren't purebred Labs like $450 a dog? Seems like a rather expensive suitcase if you ask me.

I really have no idea where I am going with this. Just preparing myself for 6 more weeks of winter.

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I heard from a co-worker that Maria Full of Grace is, indeed, a good movie. And...in my free association sort of way, I remembered a movie I saw that is also loosely about drugs but with a totally different feel. Have you seen a flick called "Saving Grace"? It's a British comedy and I thought it was quite funny.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I haven't seen "Saving Grace", but it looks good enough to put on the Netflicks queue. For some reason, this whole free association thing make me think of the movie "Citizen Ruth" with Laura Dern. She's a huffer - you know inhales spray paint and whatnot to get high - and she's also pregnant, and gets thrust into this whole pro-choice/pro-life debate. it's hilarious. And Burt Reynolds is so creepy and wonderful.

6:11 PM  
Blogger David said...

Laura Dern...daughter of Bruce Dern...recently birthed a child with Ben Harper. And Burt Reynolds...once a handsome leading man in action films, now...pretty much typecast as a creepy/wonderful older dude. Was he creepy first in "Strip Tease" or "Boogie Nights"?

Another movie I really liked that I'd like to watch again (and that I THINK I mentioned to Matt) was "Defending Your Life" with Albert Brooks, Meryl Streep, Rip Torn...an interesting movie about the afterlife that also makes you think about what life is all about, why we're here...and all that philosophical junk.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home