Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Jen

Today I missed 9 calls and three messages from some dude who was trying to reach his grandson. Each message went something like this: "Son (or enter son's name) it's Grandpa. I got your money order so now you can take drivers ed. Call me back now!!!' I was at work, so I didn't answer my phone. It always amazes me who leaves me voicemails. My message says "Hi, It's Jen." So you would think that if you heard that, you would probably not call back NINE TIMES unless you were looking for Jen, or hell, even just looking for a girl.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This situation reminds me of a Seinfeld episode in which Elaine gets a new phone number. She didn't want the new 646 area code, so she 'inherits' a 212 number that used to belong to an elderly (now dead) woman. This woman's grandchild keeps calling Elaine looking for 'Gammy', whom he does not know is dead. She grows tired of this and finally clues the kid in.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

My boss has the same phone number (different area code) of a doctor's office. Despite it saying, "Hi, this is Lisa from (blank) Marketing, etc." people will still leave a message cancelling their doctor's appts. on her line. She's nice enough to call back and leave a message for them indicating that the doctor definitely DIDN'T get the message.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home