Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Jen

I never thought that I'd be working at the Gap long enough for this to happen: I am Employee of the Month. Should I quit my job at the gallery? What do you think?

Besides that, it's been a crazy week here. My dear, dear, dear friend Paul and his band, Free Diamonds, rocked the Fireside this past Sunday. To tell you the truth, I didn't think they were playing shows there anymore. After they refinished the lanes, I pretty much had given up on the place. It was impossible to find out any information on the show at all. Paul confirmed the time of the show with me a mere 9 hours before it happened. My guess is the Fireside owners want to keep the shows small and not ruin the new lanes so they don't advertise. What do you think?

Free Diamonds have been on a 3 week, Midwest/east coast tour with another amazing band called Forsake Ya to the Snakes. There is some music on the myspace page, however, I suggest seeing them live for extra good times.

Paul and co. are now back on there way home to the U.K. Hopefully, if things go as well as they have been, they will be back to support an even larger tour in November. Keep your fingers crossed.

Here are some pics from our day out.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yesterday, I had to go to court for the gallery to contest a false alarm ticket. It was horrible. The judge seriously badgered me. If I had to hear "So your telling me you don't have alarm!?!?!" I may have cried. The thing is, we share an alarm with four other businesses, so really the blame has to be on all four business or the building management company. Anyway, because there was insufficient evidence, the trial has been rescheduled. What the city will do for a measly $100.

One more thing and I am out. Matt and I registered for the AIDS Marathon in. . . Honolulu!!! Now, you may think I am insane because A) I don't run and B) don't necessarily exercise regularly (unless you count yoga) and you probably wonder how A) I am going to complete 26.2 miles and b) raise, gulp, $3,400 to actually get to Hawaii, but for some reason, I feel really good about this. Be prepared, in the next couple of months I'll be badgering everyone to help me raise money for the cause. I am super excited to start training and you'll be able to check my progress on a website set up by the AIDS Foundation. I will post more info when it comes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home