Thursday, July 19, 2007

Jen

I'm back!

Kind of.

Once we get the Internet installed at our new place, I'll be back officially. Until then, I'll be typing out my blogs in word and then hoping that I can steal a connection long enough to post. With luck, the Internet people will come this Saturday (even though they were supposed to come last Saturday and didn't) so I can e-mail and blog like a normal person.

I have some amazing photos to share of our journey across the states. I regret now that I didn't take pictures through out the boring states (aka Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska) because it really would have completed my "Penske Series." Because our lovely friends Annie and Peter drove to Los Angeles with us, I was able to actually enjoy the scenery around me and always have a driving companion (and always see the Penske truck, hauling all of our stuff, in front of me.) It was much better than the last two times.

Colorado
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Utah
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Arizona
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Since I have been in LA, I went to see the Decemberists play with the LA Philharmonic at the Hollywood Bowl. It was advertised in LA like this was the only event of it's kind - but I knew better. Ahem. Anyway, it was an amazing show, and the Hollywood Bowl is really beautiful. They should have more good shows there. What I mean by this is that the show schedule looks very similar to Ravinia's show schedule. I love Hall and Oates and all, but it would be great to see younger, hipper acts there.
(Picture to come!)

I also ran into Seth Green. Well, not literally. But we had a very short conversation, only because I had no idea who he was until he started talking, I heard his name and I got a better look at him. I was in the elevator at the 4th street parking garage in Santa Monica, when I heard someone yelling for me to hold the doors. I couldn't find the button right away, but I managed to before I started heading towards the ground floor. The doors open, and there he is, Seth Green, lying on his back. He slipped on the tile by the elevator. I asked him if he was okay, and he said he was fine - that is when his girlfriend, lady friend, whoever, said, "Seth, are you okay" which is when I realized who he was. I rode the elevator down with them and kept thinking of ways to discreetly take a picture. This is only because my Celebrity Sightings list is really pretty terrible. And proof is always nice. Here is the list of every famous person I have seen in my 28 years of existence. (it's sad, really)

1. Host from Street Smarts
2. Helen Hunt
3. Ron Eldard
4. Brittany Spears
5. Paulie Shore
6. Pete Yorn
7. Janet Davies (only known in Chicago)
8. Joan Cusack
9. Seth Green

Otherwise, we are settling in quite nice. Expect more pictures and more news soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home