Tuesday, June 05, 2001

Jen

Ok, Greg. No more heckling.

I was just going to post a link to the Band of the Month list*, but I decided it would be easier if I did the old copy and paste and bring the list back for your viewing pleasure. Here is the list, starting in August of 2000. Oh, and these are my picks. I know future band picks will soon be a conglomerate of all of ok plus three, but for now they are mine. Oh yeah, I fucked up on the original list because I forgot to put Radiohead in there. If I remember correctly, Kid A came out sometime in September. So, the end of the month and beginning of October really had Radiohead as the Band of the Month. This will not happen again, but I wanted to make sure they got on the list.

August: Hey Mercedes. (I just saw the show at the fireside and picked up the new EP)

September: No Doubt (now I'm probably going to be made fun of because of this pick, but Return of Saturn is pure pop bliss and I will stand by it)

Septober**: Radiohead

October: Modest Mouse (ahhh, The Moon and Antarctica....)

November: The Dismemberment Plan (I put Emergency and I back on heavy rotation after the show at Empty Bottle)

December: The Sea and Cake (Pat and I had a Sea and Cake Christmas. He bought me The Fawn and I bought Oui)

January: Built to Spill (Keep it like a Secret- another Christmas present from Pat)

February: Hagfish (I may also get my indie ass kicked for this, but I found, used, Hagfish Rocks your Lame Ass for a mere $4. at Record Emporium and it was worth every rocked lame ass penny.)

March: Death Cab for Cutie (the fireside show at the end of February rocked!)

April: Smoking Popes

Now, I think we all should vote on May’s band. I will put two votes in now: Guilty pleasure #2 (aka Dandy Warhols) and Shellac***. I’d also want to vote for The Mr.T Experience, but I don’t really know their stuff. I just love the name!

Becky? Greg? Cast your votes. Or I’ll pick.

*The Band of the Month is the band that I listen to the most during that month. I realized this back in August- I'd pick up a CD and put it on heavy rotation. Also, going to a show and prepping for it usually made that band a contender for the title of Band of the Month. Mind you, Band of the Month does not necessarily mean the band just put out a disc or they are playing a show. Also, a band may appear twice on the list.
** September + October = Septober
***It would be cool with me to save Shellac for June due to the fact that the show is at the end of the month.