Thursday, July 05, 2001

Jen

It’s sucking my will to live!

I have been completely obsessed with Wayne’s World for the past two weeks. Have I ever mentioned that I think Mike Myers is a genius?

Would anyone like the job of a back scratcher? If so, I’ll employ you ASAP. I was eaten alive by mosquitoes yesterday. There is one on my shoulder blade that itches every time I move my arm. There it goes again! Damn it!

Yesterday, I was out in Bussy Woods with a bunch of friends grilling, drinking and hanging in the outdoors. That is where the mosquitoes came out in full force. Even those with many layers of bug spray were defenseless.

The 3rd turned out really good too. Pat and I joined Becky and Greg for the rooftop party. Those in attendance decided that we were “firework connoisseurs”- we only saw the best ones. Besides, we all got to watch Chris put on “the moves” and Becky finally got to meet Rob-bot. No volleyball was played.*

All day I’ve had that Boomtown Rats song, “I don’t like Mondays” in my head. I read this article in Time about Tori Amos’ new album, Strange Little Girls, about how she covers songs that men wrote about women, singing from a womans perspective. She covers this song on the album. What does this song have to do about women? Did I miss the whole point?

Today, I had lunch with Tina. Tonight I hang out with Jer. Saturday is the going away party. Tina and Jer leave for California on Monday . . . be prepared for sad songs and bad, sappy quotes on Monday.

Hmmm. . . using the stolen candle for something used in yoga. . . an incense burner? Am I right (or am I right?)** or am I missing the obvious?

*I hate volleyball. A certain Rob-bot (try to imagine why we would call someone a nickname that sounds like robot) would always ask me to play volleyball with him in high school, even though I made it clear that I hated the sport and would only play it if hell froze over.
**Ned Ryerson! Bing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home