Tuesday, August 14, 2001

Jen

Last night I did it! If you know what I mean.

No really, I died my hair. I got red dye that washes out in a month, but I’m sure it will be gone sooner. Anyway, I don’t think it looks all that different. In some lights, it looks the same and in others, definitely redder. I dunno.

Finally, after how many weeks?- Beck and I can finally go back to yoga. It’s been way too hot, but today, it’s perfect-although I bet Crazy Mary thinks differently. The last time it was all sticky and humid, we had the headstand incident, and we can’t have that again.

This morning, on my way into work, I had all this free time because I was early.* I decided that I needed to have McDonalds hash browns**. If you know me, you know how much I dislike their food- besides the triple-thick milk shake, breakfast foods and of course, fries. Wendy’s is approx. 3 million times better. Which reminds me of a story.

Why McDonalds Bites the Big One, by Me

So, I’m in McDonald’s *** and I’m eating chicken mcnuggets**** and guess what I bite into? A bone! It was absolutely disgusting. If you know me (yes, once again . . ) you know that I have problems looking at bones. They make me nauseous. I have nightmares.***** When I eat meat -and when I say meat, I really mean chicken or turkey, because it’s the only meat I eat- I make some one take it off the bone for me. Do not read The Jungle, if you ever want to look at meat the same way.

I have this chicken bone, and I wrap it up and bring it to the counter. I was only into my 2nd nugget, so I thought I’d get food to replace what I didn’t eat. I tell the woman at the counter and she says:

Stupid, crabby McDonalds worker: You can have a hamburger, cheeseburger or a 4 piece.
Me: I don’t eat red meat, and I’m certainly not going to eat nuggets after this.
S.C.McD.W.: So what do you want me to do about it?

That is not the answer you give me.

I speak to the manager and get a free chicken sandwich. To this day, I am so skeptical about eating their meat products.

EAT AT WENDY’S!!!!!

*I know, please don’t die of shock. Lately I have been coming in early, because I was “talked” to regarding how late I come in every day.
**They are K.A.!!!
***The one in Rosemont, on the corner of Higgins and River Road- just so you know. . .
****Why do they have to put “Mc” in front of everything!?!?!?!
*****kidding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home