Friday, November 09, 2001

Jen

Ha, Ha! Funny story! So, I’m in the elevator and there is this bike messenger that starts talking to me. I’m in one of those please-don’t-talk-to-me-this-morning-because-I-am-running-late-and-feeling-shitty-about-it-moods, and he says:

Bike messenger: We need to catch those guys that are sending us the amtrax.
Me: What?
B.M.: You know, the amtrax.
Me: Like trains?
B.M.: No. You know, the amtrax they keep sending us in the mail.
Me: . . . Oh yeah, amtrax.

I only said amtrax because I would feel like a hole correcting the guy. Amtrax is pretty darn close to Anthrax. I can only image what the other guy in the elevator was thinking about our conversation.

Speaking of Anthrax and other terrorist situations, I was practically frisked when entering the Sears Tower to go to my favorite card shop, Rocs. They made me unzip my jacket and hold it open so they could make sure I didn’t have anything on me. Going from my building to Rocs takes, at most, five minutes. Due to the security lines in the Sears, it took me ten extra minutes. I guess it’s worth it for the extra security, right?

I just checked out three new blogs: One being Henry’s Diary (thanks to the Panaphobics), another Air Guitar Boulevard and the last being Kyle in Lo-Fi. I’ve just started looking so I don’t have too much to say yet, but check them out if you are like me. That is, at work, with stuff to do but avoiding it all costs because that would mean I’d have to do something boring and job related.

So tonight’s the party, and I’m pretty excited. No Margarita Party Ball, but lots of Margaritas. Go figure.

Happy Birthday again, guys.

I'm outta here. Not actually out of work, but blogging for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home