Friday, January 11, 2002

Jen

I fight the authority, the authority always wins.*

Today is John “Cougar” Mellencamp day on XRT along with Los Lobos. Curious, but how in the world did John Mellancamp get a “Cougar” in his name? Is he cougar-like?

I’m mad at my boss. I asked for time off to go to Vegas to see the P’s and also to go to LA to see my friend, Nathan. With Barb leaving next Friday, and this office screwed because they have not yet hired anyone to replace her, he doesn’t want me to go. Well, I’m going anyway folks, because I have tickets already paid for. Ha! So take that! Anyway, there is absolutely no reason why I shouldn’t be allowed to go. Here are my two main reasons:
1) I work here PART-TIME. That means that when I take a day off, I do not get paid. I get no benefits, no paid vacations. NADA. So, basically, I am screwing myself out of a weeks pay because I want to go away.
2) It’s not my fault that the heads of this office waited so long to find Barb’s replacement. Why should I have to suffer?

BOO to not getting days off!

I am here at work, oh so bitter, and not feeling well. But yet, there is a glimmer of hope for the day. The Yosh is in! My beloved friend, Ken (Yosh, short for his last name of Yoshii) is in town! He called me last night from somewhere near Omaha to give me the good news. As of yet, there are no big plans for the night. As long as I can take a little nap before going out, I’ll be up for anything.

I almost forgot!!!! My review kicked ass yesterday. All reviews were very positive, so I’m feeling a bit of relief. Now I just have to write that stupid paper.

Oh yeah. I also was harassed by a homeless man the other day. He swore at me A LOT. Tuesday night, Aaron and I were headed to the red line to go home, and there was this homeless guy standing by the steps to go into the subway. Hmmm, I want to write the story, but a lot of swearing goes in to it. So to make this more PG . . . .

Homeless guy: Do you have any spare change?
Me: I’m sorry, I don’t have any.** (Aaron and I start down the stairs)
HG: You f#cking B!tch!
I ignore him and keep walking down the stairs.
HG: I hope you f#cking die!
Me: Are you talking to me?
HG: Yes?
Me: Did you ever think that maybe I don’t have any change to give you?
With no answer from the asshole, I continue down the rest of the stairs. He begins to follow.
HG: I hope you f#cking die, whore!
Me: Getting a f#cking job, asshole!
Aaron was nearly tearing a whole into my arm by then. He couldn’t get through to us, because, well, he had no money to get on the L. I was pretty freaked out though.

Ok, this is more PG-13. I am terrible at editing out swears. So, so sorry.

*If I cut out the “authority always wins” part and just leave “I fight the authority,” it could be a part of a Fugazi song.
**Now, mind you, I usually say I don’t have change but really do. On this occasion, I actually had no money on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home