Thursday, January 17, 2002

Jen

Your etiquette. Your rules on interaction. What are you waiting for?*

I have no idea. Please refer to the fourth paragraph of this blog.

It's been so long!!! Ah, but that's because I've had finals. What a stressful week it's been. I have some kind of sickness. .. cold? sore throat? maybe even flu? I don't know. Anyway, I had very little left of a voice on Tuesday and still managed to give a 15 minute presentation on why I think Dr. Hugh Diamond's photographs of psychiatric patients in the 1850's is the beginning of photo therapy.

Wednesday was a little better. I didn't have to talk much during my final critique, athough the critique itself seemed to last forever. I also had such a good day (hanging with the guys for lunch at the Berghoff for beer and German food, and then hanging out with Ken until 5 when my final started) so by time it was time for the critique, I was ready to get it over with and have more fun!

Today, for some uknown reason, I had class. I had my final review last Thursday, so class made little sense to me. After contemplating whether I should go or not to class last night for many hours, I asked my wise roomate what I should do and he said, "You're paying for it, you might as well go." Then I asked Pat, and he said "you should sleep in (because you are sick.)" Although Pat's offer was WAY more tempting, I got my ass up and out of bed this morning and went to class, which wasn't a waste after all.**

Back at work, almost the first time in a week. Today is the big day that I tell the boss that I have tickets for my LA/Vegas trip for the first week in February. If you read my blog from last Friday, you'll know why this is such a big deal. I'm really in no mood to tell him, but what can I do about it? I think it would be way worse to wait until the week of and, oh, just not show up. Or mysteriously call in sick for a week. Hmmm. not such a bad idea.

Speaking of Arguments. . .

I know, I never proclaimed a band of the month for December. I know I suck on updating this section, so I should probably drop it. Anyway, since all of this blog didn't really get a chance to talk about it, my choice is. . .

Band of the Month for December: Fugazi

The Argument is an incredible CD. I'm not too great at critiqing music, so I don't want to do that and somehow ruin an excellent album. Also, I figure that most people that read this blog have very similar tastes in music. I'm guessing that most of you even have the CD. In that case, you know it rocks. If you don't have it, buy it.

Here is a list of past bands/artists to make the list.

July: No Doubt
August: Hey Mercedes
September: Radiohead
October: Modest Mouse
November: The Dismemberment Plan
December: The Sea and Cake
January: Built to Spill
February: Hagfish
March: Death Cab for Cutie
April: Smoking Popes
May: Pat Benetar
June: Travis
July: Jimmy Eat World
August: Rufus Wainwright
September: Guns 'n' Roses
October: Coldplay
November: The Dismemberment Plan***


ps. This blog should change it's name to Becky plus Occassionally Two. Look at her go!

*From Closed Captioned by Fugazi, which is actually off End Hits.
**Notice how I made Gant, wise. Ahh, the boy amazes me sometimes.
***The rumor is that you can buy tickets on-line for the DCFC/Plan show. I am so there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home