Friday, May 17, 2002

Jen

I am trying to break your heart

I'm slightly afraid to post today, because I wrote a long blog yesterday and blogger ate it! Damn blogger!!!

I bought the new Wilco last weekend and I can't get the above quote out of my head. That song is so good. Actually, the whole album is.

Yesterday, I witnessed this touching father/son moment on the L. The little boy wanted to play pictionary with his dad, but instead they decided to read together and the boy was so happy. Then there was this other conversation about stinky feet. The boy got "stingy" confused with "stinky" and he had the best laugh when he realized what he said. I don't know why, but I was super emotional yesterday, and I nearly cried. I had to turn away. I guess that lately I've been realizing how important fathers are.

Today has been a pretty decent "Fun Friday." I really have to make myself sit down and get some letters out because I've been working on the mailing list instead.

There are some really good shows going on this weekend. Tonight, the Promise Ring is at the Empty Bottle, and The Weakerthans are playing at the Bottle on Saturday night and at the Fireside Sunday night. I have a ton of work to do this weekend, so I have to pick and choose my shows wisely. Hopefully, Greg and I can make it out to the Fireside on Sunday! That is, once I get some of my paper done.*

Ok, time for some work, and then hopefully I can write about that weird thing that happened to me on Monday.

* I am desperately trying to make myself believe this statement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home