Tuesday, May 14, 2002

Jen

May angels lead you in

I don't even know what to say. I feel terrible for my friend's loss.

It's so crazy; it's this incredible day outside and yet it has been so sad.

My friend, Jen, whom I have known since I was 7, has to be one of the strongest people I know. Everyday, for the past three months, she took her father to kidney dialysis. I have no idea how she did that, plus work three jobs. She is amazing. And today, all I could do was stand there and cry as she gave this incredible speech about her father, someone who I have considered extended family since he and Jen's mom looked after me during the summers in grammar school.

I really wanted to tell Jen something to make her feel better, but I had no idea what to do.

At the wake last night, she took me around to her family and said, "Jen is my oldest and dearest friend." I felt so useless today, because I felt that I had to live up to that statement by being the strong one. I couldn't do it.

I don't know. I just wish I could make it easier somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home