Thursday, May 09, 2002

Jen

Teamwork is the result when common people produce uncommon results.

Yada, yada, or some bullshit like that. What do you expect, I read this off a pen.

So yeah, I'm so sorry that I've been away so long!!!!

It's been damn busy on my side of the world. I've finally come to the realization that I have shitloads to do and very little time to do it. To top it off, I'm working tonight at the art fair (at Navy Pier), I'm working the lecture that we are hosting tomorrow night and I have to work the art fair yet again on Sunday. So, in this two week period, I have to have a semi-concise body of work for grad reviews, give a presentation on an artist and write an 8 page paper. Then I have one more critique when I get back from Vegas after Memorial Day weekend. So much shit!!!!

But, I've been very happy none the less. I pretty much owe that to one person, but I'm not saying who. Or is it "whom?"

I just made my mom a mother's day card from photo stuff we have lying around the museum. I bought her a gift, but forgot to buy the card. If I were to wait and then buy a card, it probably won't get to her as soon as I'd like it too. Mom's love that stuff anyway, even though I feel like a slacker for not getting all this done earlier.

What else? Hmmm. I swear I had more stuff to tell. Oh yeah. The grad school drama. Last week I was bitching about classes and how we are not given the choices that we should, considering how much we pay to go here. So, Tuesday, we had a meeting with our department chair, and it looks like my idea will be used as a class. 6 or so of us will be working on a collaborative project that will be placed in a public space. I think I may be one of the one's in charge, so I feel pretty responsible for everyone being satisfied with the class. That's a little scary for me. Yesterday we had a smaller meeting with those interested in the class and we came up with some great ideas. Next week, we submit the proposal, and if things work out as planned, my class and our combined ideas will make for one kick ass Chicago public art piece. Boo-ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home