Saturday, September 28, 2002

Jen

I'm back with scars to show

This is the first post I have ever done from my very own computer and home. Pretty exciting, eh? Ok, I understand if you don't care, but really, this is very cool for me. I think that there is something majorly wrong with some of the phone lines in my house though. . . and to top it off, I'm temporarily using AOL for the free hours until i figure out what service I should use. Any suggestions out there from you computer users that have not been living under a rock such as myself?

Be prepared for kind of a long post. . .

My first week back in school is done, thank god. So much work to get done - and at least now I can concentrate on it. Wednesday night, we went out to dinner with Tracey Baran, her boyfriend, our very cool and new director, Rod, and Adi Nes came by for awhile for some drinks. I have to say that I love the museum for many things, but this in particular: letting us lowly interns spend some time with the artists that show at the museum. It's one of things that I look forward to most about installation. But of course, what starts as intelligent conversations about art, usually turns into a drunken party. After dinner, we went into the back room of Bar Louie and played Spin the Bottle with a broken wine glass (one of the artists was included.) I was lucky to get only guys. . . Anyway, then we went to probably one of the only hills on the lakefront: on Michigan Ave and Harrison or so, and rolled down the hill. I think after that, I am ready to play football on Sunday. Michael tackled me and I got a nice set of grass burns on the side of my face and a sore shoulder.

Thursday was the opening. It turned out really well. I spent most of the time arranging the foosd platters and um, cutting cheese (if you're wondering, I made many terrible jokes and references while I was in the act of slicing cheese.) Though this may seem obvious, people go absolutley nuts when there is free food available. I'd be carying out a tray of food, and crowds of people would trail behind me. I would even get to put it down before hands were grabbing food items off it. One woman took a cracker off the tray, put it in her mouth, decided she didn't want it, then put it back on the tray in front of me. I told her she had to take it and she asked me why. It was a little ridiculous, but all in all, it was a good night.

I finally took my car in to be appraised for the damage done to it by the SUV that knocked off my mirror and the mail truck that rear ended me. It turns out that all the damage totals over$2, 500 worth of damage. I think that's pretty much what my car is worth anyway. I'm trying to figure out what I should do. . . Should I save it for a new used car? i dunno.

Last thing, I swear. I went to the Blackhawks game last night (against the St.Louis Blues.) The first period was mostly fights - one of our guys pulled the jersey over the head of one of the Blues and then started hitting him. It was pretty awsome, although I do not support fighting. So we won 2 to nothing which is also pretty cool. AND because they scored in the second period I can use my ticket to get a free coffee at Dunk'n'Donuts, which we all know, has the best coffee. Did you know that Power Plays couldn't exsisit without the help of Exelon? Ahh. the power of advertising.

Ok, I'm going to go and enjoy my Saturday. bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home