Friday, October 18, 2002

Jen

I've seen the end of the day come too soon

I bought the new Beck on Monday and I can't get enough of it. Last week, hmm, maybe Thursday night, I saw Beck on Conan where he played "Lost Cause" - just his cute little self and his guitar. It really did stick in my mind. The whole cd is beautiful, haunting and melodic, which is far departure from Midnite Vultures- which I love more than anything, don't get me wrong. Anyway, go buy it, because it rules and because I say so.

Today, I am in the upstairs office of the museum, working on entering reports into the database and sending back portfolios from this week’s portfolio review. The entering reports thing is a brand new task that I have just acquired. It's not the most interesting job in the world, but it's important for me to know if I like to be a registrar one day. AND because I change my mind about what profession I want to be in every single day, it's good to know a bunch of different tasks.

Last week, we rented "The Calling" and this week, it was "The Forsaken." (Notice how we like simple titles?) The only reason we rented it was because, as it said on the box, it is "more sexy and entertaining then 'The Lost Boys.'" Now, I know "the Lost Boys" is a terribly cheesy movie (especially with the appearances of the two Corey’s -Feldman and Haim- I think that's how you spell them) but, it was one of the first scary movies I was allowed to watch. I actually own a copy. All I know is that it is nowhere near more entertaining, and if you call gratuitous shots of boobs, sexy, then I guess this much is true. It's like a video to a metal song. Yeah. There are two more weeks to Halloween, which means two more reviews!

Lot's of typing to do for work. Sorry to abandon the blog like I did. I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home