Monday, January 06, 2003

Jen

play a song for me

I think I just finished all 50 prints that I wanted to have by this Wednesday, which is Candidacy Part II. I can't even imagine how pissed I'll be if this one goes wrong for some reason. A Columbia faculty member will die.

Actually, I thnk all will be fine and well, I'm still a little bitter that I have to go through this nonesense twice. The only good thing is that it helped me to get my act together for my end of the semester review which is on Thursday. All these reviews confusing? Try being me.

I didn't really get a chance to talk about Vegas yesterday. It was MUCH BETTER. No Santa Fe Station to "get cigarettes" (which really means gambling). No Christmas Dinner at Ceasars Palace. Just a nice family get together. I did get to go go-cart racing which I kinda sucked at. Oh - and snowboarding. Here's the story. I'm sitting on the ground, putting my board on when this old guy spills out and runs over the entire top of my right hand and bangs up my wrist pretty bad.

Stupid asshole: Did I break your back or anything?

Is it just me or is this NOT the thing to ask first? Isn't it, "are you okay?" or, "I'm sorry that I'm so stupid and that I hurt you." You know, either of these would do.

Me: No, but you ran over my entire hand.
Stupid asshole: Good! I'm glad I didn't break anything!

Then he leaves.

Hello?!?!?! Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I know I have another good story, but why is it that I can never remember them when I want to write them down?

Even the flight home was bearable because I had no one sitting next to me. Boo - ya. I read this fantastic book called "Ask the Dusk" by John Fante (I think this is the spelling). He's an Itailian American writer that was doing his own thing during the Beat period. He kinda has the same style, but it's based much more about his heritage and the homeless/poor scene in LA at the time. I highly recommend it.

okee - dokey, I'm officially spent. Josie has a new favorite toy that she likes to bring in my bed, while I'm sleeping, and swat at it and meow happily.

Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home