Friday, June 11, 2004

Jen

What about one more night in town?
-Hot hot heat

It's been ages since I've written last. Part of this is because I've been in California. The other part is my laziness in general. I don't feel like spending more time in front of the computer than what is necessary.

I had a great time out in L.A. I stayed with some friends in Malibu and got to wake up and fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean. I spent two really great days on the beach. It was amazing. I also got extremely burned even though I was wearing SPF45.

California is a strange place. You get this strange sense of invincibility- like you can move there and start over as whatever you want to be. I met a lot of people who thought the same thing. One guy, Jerry, packed up his car and moved to LA with nothing more than that. Now, he's an agent for fairly well known actors, and has his own place in Hermosa Beach. As we were watching tv, he could point out the ads and shows that he had placed actors for. Most importantly, he's happy with his job and his life, and you could tell.

Another guy who owned one of the apartments we looked at said that he mocved to California ten years ago and never looked back and he's never been happier.

Now that I'm back home and I can look back at my week there, I get more excited and scared about my move. I feel like I can do anything once I move. I can work in film or maybe work some other job while I do more photography related things. I'm scared though too. I have no place to live out there (as of yet), I don't have a job (although I do have an interview with a very cool gallery!), and most importantly, I'll miss the group of friends here that I've come to call my second family. I feel like I may miss out on some of the best things that can go on while I'm away and it makes me incredibly sad.

So there you have it.

Just as a reminder, I start teaching yoga next week at Grace Place on Dearborn in the Printer's Row area of Chicago. e-mail me if you would like more info.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home