Monday, May 03, 2004

Jen

Wall to wall
People hypnotized
And they're stepping
Lightly
Hang each night in
Rapture

-Blondie

I went to a pirates and wenches party this weekend. I forgot about the whole dressing up thing, and when I got there, I was harrassed for not wearing a costume. Of course, by about midnight when the party was at it's height, more than half were not in costume. The moral of the story is, don't go to parties early.

I also upgraded my phone plan, and with that, got a new phone very cheap. It's a camera phone and I feel like a bit of an asshole for having one. It's just that I like to consider myself a real photographer and I own lots of REAL cameras. I did however take a lot of fun pictures at the party, including a drunk girl passed out on my friend's bed. If I pulled out my real camera for this whole affair, I might then feel like an asshole for taking a picture of a poor girl at her low point. The camera phone allows one to be a lot more discreet. So technically, I'm an asshole either way. What the hell was my point?

This week is Art Chicago at Navy Pier and I suggest stopping by if you get the chance. I think it's $15 per day, but i think it's worth it to see all kinds of great and new art out there.

There is also a massive opening planned at the Museum. I will say only one thing about it: this will be free and there will be lots of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home