Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Jen

Don't wanna be an american idiot.
-The new Green Day album, poppy but surprisingly good.

So, it's official, I will be in Chicago this weekend for a short three days. On Saturday, I will be at my friend's wedding (actually an ex-boyfriend, now dear friend, but who's counting) somewhere out in McHenry, I think. Then Sunday, I hope to be staying with Becky and Greg (this is cool, right?) so I can catch up with my much missed peeps. So if you are around, let's hang out. I leave Monday night because I have to work Tuesday and more importantly, need the money from working Tuesday.

The job is going well thus far. I'm involved in some really exciting projects and working with some very cool people. It's also nice to have a window (a big window!) near my usual work station, which is a big difference to the no window policy at the museum. Plus, it's sunny most all of the time, so it's quite a pleasure to look outside.

Apparently there was some crazy storm off the coast this weekend which caused these horrible winds that blew the sand so hard that it felt like someone threw a bunch of needles at me. This week, there are these things called the Santa Ana winds that bring in dry desert like temperatures and winds. It is so hot today that I feel like i'm in V egas. For those that have been in Vegas during the summer heat, you know how you are so dehydrated and you drink a ton of liquids and surprisingly never have to use the bathroom? Bingo! that's what I feel like here today.

I'm starting to feel like my mother for discussing the weather so freakin' much. Sorry.

Ok, see you Sunday if you are free!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home